Aerospace Industry :
Adhesive Specialities specialises in aerospace tape requirements. Pressure sensitive adhesive tapes are highly utilised because of strong adhesive properties. Adhesive tapes are used in the aerospace industry for insulation of aircraft and spacecraft wings. These adhesive tapes may also be used as flash breakers, general purpose indoor and outdoor sealing applications, permanent sealing of high temperature ducts and chambers, aircraft window sealing, etc. These adhesive tapes can withstand extreme temperatures, making them suitable for aerospace requirements. Adhesive Specialities manufactures a wide range of high quality, pressure sensitive adhesive tapes, providing high performance bonding and sealing solutions.
Masking Tapes :
We at Adhesive Specialties, provide different types of masking adhesive tapes that have different uses, these are :
- Masking tape 01: Masking Tape 01 is an automotive-grade adhesive tape coated with natural rubber adhesive. This adhesive tape is specifically developed to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and can be removed easily and cleanly when finished. It resists solvents or water from the paint and is UV resistant. Masking adhesive tapes are also strong enough to hang plastic sheeting yet can be removed cleanly without damaging the surface. Masking adhesive tapes can conform to curved and irregular surfaces for critical paint masking applications.
- Masking tape 02: Masking Tape 02 is a general-purpose masking adhesive tape coated with acrylic emulsion adhesive. It resists solvents or water from the paint, yet can be removed cleanly without damaging the surface. The crepe paper backing can conform to curved and irregular surfaces for critical paint masking applications.
- Masking tape 04: Masking Tape 04 is a general-purpose masking adhesive tape coated with hotmelt adhesive. This adhesive tape is easy to use and it’s suitable for wood industries recommended for general indoor use at a steady temperature. It sticks well to multiple and irregular surfaces and is compatible with both solvent and water-based paints. These adhesive tapes are easy to tear by hand and assure quick and easy removal.
- Masking tape 05Y: Masking Tape 05Y is resin impregnated crepe paper coated with high tack pressure-sensitive natural rubber-based adhesive. The adhesive tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and can be removed easily and cleanly when finished. The crepe paper backing can conform to curved and irregular surfaces for critical paint masking applications in the automotive industry. The masking adhesive tape easily tears by hand for toll-free application.
- Masking tape 6 : Masking Tape 06 is resin impregnated crepe paper coated with high tack pressure-sensitive natural rubber adhesive. This masking adhesive tape adheres well and resists solvent or water from the paint and was specifically developed to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray and provide clean paint lines. The adhesive tape can be removed easily and cleanly when finished. The crepe paper backing can conform to curved and irregular surfaces for critical paint masking applications in the automotive industry.
What are the properties of Masking Tapes?
- Adhesive Specialities offers a wide range of choices in crepe paper masking adhesive tapes.
What are the uses of Masking Tapes?
- Industrial applications.
- Automotive industry.
- Chemical resistant & high-temperature masking solutions.
Polyimide Tapes :
Polyimide Tapes manufactured by Adhesive Specialties are a special grade backing material that exhibits an excellent balance of physical, chemical, and electrical properties over a wide range of temperatures with superior dimensional stability and adhesion characteristics. Polyimide adhesive tapes are used for insulation in pulling motors, submersible motors, nuclear power generating equipment, high-temperature resistance wire, and cables, fireproof bus duct, gas mask, flexible PCB, loudspeaker coil, etc.
What are the properties of Polyimide Tapes?
- Polyamide Adhesive Tapes have a wide temperature range as low as -269 °C and as high as 400 °C.
- Excellent dielectric strength.
- Flame retardant.
- Remove cleanly leaving no residue.
- Very high-temperature masking during powder coating, anodizing, etching applications.
- Polyimide Adhesive Tapes are ideal for wave soldering.
What are the uses of Polyimide Tapes?
- Polyimide Adhesive Tapes are used in the automobile industry for wrapping switches, diaphragms, manifolds, sensors, and coils in seat heaters.
- Used as masking circuit board & in circuit board construction.
- In the aerospace industry, polyimide tapes are used for insulation of aircraft and spacecraft wings and in electrical applications where static is an issue.
- In Fibre Optics Cable in semiconductor manufacturing.
- In 3D printing.
- Available with silicone and acrylic adhesives.
- Thickness: 1mil, 2mil.
- Available in die-cut and roll forms.
Polyester Powder Coating Tape:
Powder Coating Tape is a polyester film coated with silicone adhesive. These adhesive tapes can be used in a large variety of high-temperature applications. The specification is very similar to polyimide adhesive tape except the backing material is polyester film.
What are the properties of Polyester Powder Coating Tapes?
- Polyester powder coating adhesive tapes have high-grade silicon adhesive.
- Moisture resistant.
- Chemical and solvent resistance.
- Polyester powder coating adhesive tapes are abrasion-resistant.
- Good shear resistance.
- Clean removal without residue.
- Outstanding dielectric strength.
- High tack.
- Excellent ageing and weathering properties.
What are the uses of Polyester Powder Coating Tapes?
- Used as high-Temperature Masking during powder coating applications, PCB manufacturing, chemical etching.
- In the aerospace field for flash breakers.
- Splicing of silicone coated paper.
- Polyester powder coating adhesive tapes are available in Green, Blue, and Red Colours.
- Thickness:1 and 2mil.
Aluminium Foil Tapes :
Adhesive Specialities manufactures Aluminium Foil Tapes, which is 30-micron aluminium foil coated with acrylic emulsion adhesive. The aluminium in the adhesive tape backing offers excellent reflective properties. The 30-micron aluminium foil adhesive tape is also available with hotmelt and solvent acrylic adhesive and with or without liner. Aluminium Foil Tape is used for HVAC (Heat, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) application. This adhesive tape is also used in Appliances, Marine, and Aerospace industries. It can also be used as seaming and sealing for fiberglass duct board and duct wrap to enhance the appearance and maintain vapor barrier integrity. The minimum recommended temperature application is 4°C (40ºF). The adhesive tape can also be used in high/low-temperature applications, EMI/RFI shielding, ducting, thermal spray masking, and protection against welding arch.
What are the properties of Aluminium Foil Tapes?
- Adhesive Specialities provides a wide range of Aluminium Foil Tapes with various adhesives like hotmelt, solvent, silicone & acrylic emulsion.
- High & low-temperature resistance.
What are the uses of Aluminium Foil Tapes?
- Aluminium foil tapes are used for general purpose holding, patching, sealing application – indoor & outdoor.
- Suitable for joining foil faced fiberglass or duct board joints.
- Ideal for joining & sealing in HVAC applications.
- Closing of rigid air duct insulation & shafts.
- EMI/RFI shielding for motors, cables, cabinets, antennae & components (splatter masking).
- Available in 30 mic, 50 mic, 100 mic & 150 mic thicknesses.
Die Cuts :
Die Cuts have a versatile usage capacity and are used for purposes including, EMI shielding, Flex connectors etc. At Adhesive Specialities, they are available in the form of Foil tapes, Masking discs, Solar panel tapes, Electroplating anodizing masking, Polyamide die cuts, Sandblast masking, Masking during paint applications, Antistatic masking, Die cut frames, Specialty shapes, Polyester die cuts, Vin plate masking, Insulated pre forms, Powder coated masking, Foam die cuts, copper pre forms. With Adhesive Specialities, you can get Die Cuts custom designed, in different shapes and sizes as per customer requirement.
What are the properties of Die Cuts?
- EMI Shielding
- Flex Connectors
- Thermal Management
- Masking Discs, etc.
What are the uses of Die Cuts?
- Sandblast masking
- Masking during paint applications
- Anti Static masking
- Die cut frames
- Speciality shapes
- Polyester die cuts
- Vin Plate masking, etc.
Glass Cloth Tapes :
Glass cloth tapes at Adhesive Specialities are tapes backed with glass cloth that are used in applications requiring intermittent temperatures upto 550 F or higher. Glass Cloth Adhesive Tapes have high adhesion, abrasion resistant, flame retardant properties. These adhesive tapes are also used in applications requiring high tensile strength, good holding power and permanent sealing of high temperature ducts and chambers, aircraft window sealing and many other uses.
What are the properties of Glass Cloth Tapes?
- Glass cloth tapes are coated with high grade adhesives like acrylic, thermosetting rubber and silicone.
- High temperature resistance ranging from 150 ℃ to 400 ℃.
- High adhesion & abrasion resistant.
- Glass cloth tapes have a flame retardant property.
- High mechanical strength.
What are the usages of Glass Cloth Tapes?
- Permanent sealing of high temperature ducts & chambers.
- Used as high temperature masking.
- Used in Aircraft window sealing & many other uses.
Cross Filament Tapes :
Cross Filament Tape has fiberglass reinforced backing which is very high in tensile strength, coated with hotmelt adhesive. The fiberglass reinforced backing provides excellent abrasion, moisture and resistance. At Adhesive Specialties, we can also supply solvent-residue free adhesive.
What are the properties of Cross Filament Tapes?
- They are residue free and have fiberglass reinforced backing.
- These adhesive tapes have excellent abrasion and moisture resistance.
What are the uses of Cross Filament Tapes?
- These adhesive tapes are suited for use in heavy duty air and oil filled transformers, reinforcement / holding / separating ground insulation, bundling of motor coils and coil covering.
- Can be used in lead anchoring and banding of coils.
- Used in bundling/heavy duty packing of heavy objects such as pipes, steel coils, tires.
- Can also be used in the cricket bat industry and jumbo bags industry.
- These adhesive tapes are used for insulation of oil transformers.
Copper Foil Tapes :
Copper Foil Tape manufactured by Adhesive Specialities comes coated with conductive adhesive. The aggressive adhesion in this adhesive tape creates a superior bonding which makes it a popular choice in a wide range of consumer and industrial applications. These adhesive tapes provide a very low rate of electrical resistance and are conductive in nature and are supplied with a removable liner for easy handling. Copper Foil Tape is a premium product that is ideal for use in grounding, soldering applications, and RFI (Radio Frequency Interface) / EMI (Electromagnetic Interface) shielding applications in the electrical and electronic industries. The adhesive tape can also be used for various die-cut applications as it comes with an easily removable liner.
What are the properties of Copper Foil Tapes?
- Copper foil tape is a flexible copper foil coated with high conductive adhesive & comes with a release liner.
What are the uses of Copper Foil Tapes?
- Ideal for EMI/RFI shielding & as well as shielding of all non-conductive materials & electrical grounding.
- Excellent for soldering application & for anti-static floors (ESD floors).
- Can be used as an electrical connection between surfaces & cable shielding.
- Available in roll & die-cut forms.
Acrylic Foam Tapes :
Acrylic Foam Tape is viscoelastic in nature which gives the foam its unique characteristics of energy absorbing and stress relaxing properties. The acrylic chemistry provides outstanding durability performance. Adhesive Specialities also has a special primer solution that is available at an extra cost to ensure better adhesion and bonding to the substrate in the Acrylic Foam Adhesive Tapes.
What are the properties of Acrylic Foam Tapes?
- Very good UV light resistance.
- Excellent solvent, plasticizer and moisture resistance.
- Useful for bonding of similar & dissimilar surfaces.
What are the uses of Acrylic Foam Tapes?
- Alternative to screws, rivets, nails or any liquid adhesive.
- Designed for high & low surface energy bonding.
- Mounting for heat sink, fan or heat spreader of IC packages & components.
Double Sided Cotton Cloth Tapes :
Double Sided Cloth Tape from Adhesive Specialities is a reliable, high shear resistant, double sided fabric tape coated with rubber adhesive. This adhesive tape has a paper & polyester liner which unwind smoothly and ensure easy release. Double sided cloth adhesive tapes provide enhanced bond to rough and textured surfaces, due to its highly flexible property. D/s Cotton Cloth Adhesive Tapes provide a high performing adhesive solution to a wide variety of surfaces.
What are the properties of Double Sided Cotton Cloth Tapes?
- Multipurpose use for general mounting and holding.
- Good strength and elongation for easy tear, application and removal.
- Double sided cotton cloth adhesive tapes are conformable and moisture resistant with clean removal from most surfaces.
What are the uses of Double Sided Cotton Cloth Tapes?
- Used as plate mounting in printing.
- Excellent for flex printing of corrugated boards.
- Suitable for joining 2 dissimilar surfaces such as signage boards.
- Double sided cotton cloth adhesive tapes are ideal for carpet fixing.
SPT Tapes :
Adhesive Specialities offers a wide range of surface protection tapes in order to protect surfaces from scratches, damages, dust and dirt.
Surface Protection Tapes (SPT) from Adhesive Specialities are made from different backing materials coated with acrylic emulsion adhesive. Self Adhesive Surface Protection Tapes have excellent protection against damages and scratches. The adhesive tape has adjustable peel force with no adhesive residue.
What are the properties of Surface Protection Tapes?
- Surface Protection Adhesive Tape can be used on any rough surface.
- This adhesive tape works on different textures of the surface (Smooth / Glossy, Matte / Embossed).
- Range of backing material (LLDPE, PET,PVC, PE).
- External factors which might affect the surface protection tapes (UV, sunlight exposure, extreme temperatures, chemical exposure).
- Duration for which protection is required.
- Reason for protection of surface (abrasion, smudging, scratches).
- Residue free.
- Surface protection adhesive tapes are water resistant.
- Printing can be done as per request.
- We can make Surface Protection Adhesive Tapes in a wide variety of adhesives like Solvent acrylic, Rubber based and Acrylic Emulsion.
What are the uses of Surface Protection Tapes?
- These adhesive tapes are suitable for many types of the surface (Metal, glass, plastic, Optic lenses, decorative laminate, stone, carpet, coated surface like auto parts etc.)
- SPT can be used on rough surfaces
- Surface Protection Adhesive Tape can be stuck to any material having glass, glossy and mirror finish.
- Protects against abrasion, smudging and scratches
- Works on different textures of the surface (Smooth / Glossy, Matte / Embossed).
- External factors which might affect the surface protection tapes (UV, sunlight exposure, extreme temperatures, chemical exposure).
Transfer Tapes :
Transfer tape is made from solvent acrylic adhesive, at Adhesive Specialities. Transfer adhesive tape satisfies the demand of high adhesion and excellent thermal conductive efficiency. The adhesive tape is anti-rebound, resistant to warping, heat and temperature resistance, highly transparent with strong adhesion and holding power. Transfer Adhesive Tapes also have a good bonding effect to multiple kinds of carrier materials.It’s flexible and conformable nature makes it ideal for uneven surfaces.
What are the properties of Transfer Tapes?
- Anti-rebounding and anti wrapping property.
- Excellent resistance to heat.
- Good transparency along with strong adhesion and holding power.
- Excellent thermal conductive efficiency by providing a preferential heat-transfer.
- Flexible and conformable in nature.
- Excellent bonding effect.
- The adhesive tape is anti-rebound, resistant to warping, heat and temperature resistance, highly transparent with strong adhesion and holding power.
- Excellent shock performance.
- Ideal for thin bonding applications.
- High mechanical strength.
What are the uses of Transfer Tapes?
- Widely used in assembly of LED light bar modules and metal frame bezel and heat sink.
- Transfer adhesive tapes are used in general industrial assembly, nameplates and electronic parts.
- Applied in general industrial assembly, panel stamping laminating, plastic and nameplate bonding etc.
Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes :
Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes range of Adhesive Specialities is based on advanced technology and developed from butyl rubber for windmill blades, aerospace industry, yacht industry etc. Vacuum Bag Sealing Adhesive Tapes have a high surface adhesion force on vacuum bags and a variety of tools. During the curing cycle, these adhesive tapes have excellent sealing properties and are very easy to remove from the cold or heating surface after the curing.
Adhesive Specialities’ Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes are multi-purpose tapes designed to create strong and reliable seals.
It is compatible with most bagging films and it is the best choice for use on composites tools.
What are the properties of Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes?
- Adhesive Specialities Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes are multi-purpose tapes designed to create strong and reliable seals.
- It is compatible with most bagging films and it is the best choice for use on composites tools.
What are the uses of Self Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes?
- They can be used to plug leaks and tears in a vacuum bag that can develop during the vacuum bagging process.
- Application Temperature Range: 5 °C to 45 °C.
- Service Temperature Range: from 120 °C to 204 °C.
Wire Harness Tapes :
At Adhesive Specialities, PVC Wire Harness Tape is manufactured from premium grade PVC film coated with an aggressive rubber resin adhesive. The adhesive tape has good aging characteristics and is designed to be conformable and resistant to moisture and most chemicals. There is flagging or deterioration even at temperature of 120°C. The Wire Harness Tape has soft backing, good adhesion and holding ability along with being fire retardant.
What are the properties of Wire Harness Tapes?
- Wire Harness Tape is electrical self-extinguishing soft PVC tape that uses an aggressive pressure sensitive rubber-based adhesive system.
- Wire Harness Adhesive Tapes have been designed for use where a recognised specification or international standard is required and where environmental safety is a concern.
- Good resistance to abrasion, corrosion and moisture.
- High dielectric strength and good mechanical protection.
- Outstanding conformability.
- Flame retardant.
What are the uses of Wire Harness Tapes?
- Wire Harness Adhesive Tape can be applied at low temperature (till -10°C).
- Hand application.
- Primary electrical insulation.
- Harnessing applications for the Automotive Industries.
- Protection for low and medium voltage cable splices