Renewable Energy Industry :
Adhesive Specialities manufactures adhesive tapes which can meet the extreme requirement of the renewable energy industry. The expertise of Adhesive Specialities lies in combining the perfect blend of materials to provide the most suitable adhesive tape solution, with the ability to offer superior performance. Adhesive tapes for the renewable energy industry have the ability to withstand demanding requirements.
These adhesive tapes are ideal for both indoor and outdoor applications and can withstand extreme temperatures. They have high tensile strength and offer strong adhesion. They have anti-ageing properties, they are flame and residue resistant.
Available in various different types, sizes and colours, reach out to us at Adhesive Specialities today, to get the most suitable solution for your adhesive tape requirements.
Acrylic Foam Tapes :
Acrylic Foam Tape is viscoelastic in nature which gives the foam its unique characteristics of energy absorbing and stress relaxing properties. The acrylic in these adhesive tapes’ chemistry provides outstanding durability performance. Adhesive Specialities also has a special primer solution that is available at an extra cost to ensure better adhesion and bonding to the substrate in the Acrylic Foam Adhesive Tapes.
What are the properties of Acrylic Foam Tapes?
- Very good UV light resistance.
- Acrylic Foam Adhesive Tapes have excellent solvent, plasticizer and moisture resistance.
- Acrylic foam adhesive tapes are useful for bonding of similar & dissimilar surfaces.
What are the uses of Acrylic Foam Tapes?
- Alternative to screws, rivets, nails or any liquid adhesive.
- Acrylic foam adhesive tapes are designed for high & low surface energy bonding.
- Mounting for heat sink, fan or heat spreader of IC packages & components.
Aluminium Foil Tapes :
Adhesive Specialities manufactures Aluminium Foil Tapes, which is 30-micron aluminium foil coated with acrylic emulsion adhesive. The aluminium in the adhesive tape backing offers excellent reflective properties. The 30-micron aluminium foil tape is also available with hotmelt and solvent acrylic adhesive and with or without liner. Aluminium Foil Tape is used for HVAC (Heat, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning) application. This adhesive tape is also used in Appliances, Marine, and Aerospace industries. It can also be used as seaming and sealing for fiberglass duct board and duct wrap to enhance the appearance and maintain vapor barrier integrity. The minimum recommended temperature application is 4°C (40ºF). The adhesive tape can also be used in high/low-temperature applications, EMI/RFI shielding, ducting, thermal spray masking, and protection against welding arch.
What are the properties of Aluminium Foil Tapes?
- Adhesive Specialities provides a wide range of Aluminium Foil Tapes with various adhesives like hotmelt, solvent, silicone & acrylic emulsion.
- High & low-temperature resistance.
What are the uses of Aluminium Foil Tapes?
- Used for general purpose holding, patching, sealing application – indoor & outdoor.
- Suitable for joining foil faced fiberglass or duct board joints.
- Auminium foil tapes are ideal for joining & sealing in HVAC applications.
- Closing of rigid air duct insulation & shafts.
- EMI/RFI shielding for motors, cables, cabinets, antennae & components (splatter masking).
- Aluminium foil tapes are available in 30 mic, 50 mic, 100 mic & 150 mic thicknesses.
Copper Foil Tapes :
Copper Foil Tape manufactured by Adhesive Specialities comes coated with conductive adhesive. The aggressive adhesion in this adhesive tape creates a superior bonding which makes it a popular choice in a wide range of consumer and industrial applications. These adhesive tapes provide a very low rate of electrical resistance and are conductive in nature and are supplied with a removable liner for easy handling. Copper Foil Tape is a premium product that is ideal for use in grounding, soldering applications, and RFI (Radio Frequency Interface) / EMI (Electromagnetic Interface) shielding applications in the electrical and electronic industries. The adhesive tape can also be used for various die-cut applications as it comes with an easily removable liner.
What are the properties of Copper Foil Tapes?
- Copper foil tape is a flexible copper foil coated with high conductive adhesive & comes with a release liner.
What are the uses of Copper Foil Tapes?
- Copper foil tapes are ideal for EMI/RFI shielding & as well as shielding of all non-conductive materials & electrical grounding.
- Excellent for soldering application & for anti-static floors (ESD floors).
- Copper foil tapes can be used as an electrical connection between surfaces & cable shielding.
- Available in roll & die-cut forms.
Aluminium Fibreglass Tapes (Aluglass):
Manufactured by Adhesive Specialities, Aluminium Fibreglass Tape is 18-micron aluminium foil fused with fibreglass cloth (90 gsm/8×8 mesh/cm) backing and coated with solvent acrylic adhesive which makes it a flame retardant tape with good abrasive resistance and high tensile strength. This adhesive tape also has an excellent low moisture vapour transmission.
What are the properties of Aluminium Fibreglass Tapes (Aluglass):
- Aluminium & Fibreglass cloth backing in this adhesive tape gives excellent reflective properties for both heat & light
- High tensile strength.
- These adhesive tapes are ideal vapour barriers due to low moisture vapour transmission rate.
- Aluminium Fibreglass Adhesive Tape is excellent for HVAC thermal insulation, building thermal insulation, industrial and vessel engine room’s thermal insulation.
- Glass cloth backing in this adhesive tape provides excellent reflection properties for both heat and light.
- The high-quality adhesive with super strong adhesion and holding power makes it a very reliable product for sealing of joints and seams in industrial pipes for thermal insulation.
What are the uses of Aluminium Fibreglass Tapes (Aluglass):
- Aluminium Fibreglass Adhesive Tapes are suitable for duct sealing & joining of HVAC (Heat, Ventilation & AC) systems.
- Used in duct board joint & seams; joining & sealing industrial pipes & duct insulation.
- These adhesive tapes are excellent for roofing applications like flashing, joints & insulation.
Die Cuts :
Die Cuts have a versatile usage capacity and are used for purposes including, EMI shielding, Flex connectors etc. At Adhesive Specialities, they are available in the form of Foil tapes, Masking discs, Solar panel tapes, Electroplating anodizing masking, Polyamide die cuts, Sandblast masking, Masking during paint applications, Antistatic masking, Die cut frames, Specialty shapes, Polyester die cuts, Vin plate masking, Insulated pre forms, Powder coated masking, Foam die cuts, copper pre forms. Die Cuts can also be custom designed, in different shapes and sizes as per customer requirement.
What are the properties of Die Cuts?
- EMI Shielding
- Flex Connectors
- Thermal Management
- Masking Discs, etc.
What are the uses of Die Cuts?
- Sandblast masking
- Masking during paint applications
- Anti Static masking
- Die cut frames
- Speciality shapes
- Polyester die cuts
- Vin Plate masking, etc.
Masking Tapes :
We at Adhesive Specialties provide different types of masking tapes that have different uses, these are :
- Masking tape 01: Masking Tape 01 is an automotive-grade tape coated with natural rubber adhesive. This tape is specifically developed to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and can be removed easily and cleanly when finished. It resists solvents or water from the paint and is UV resistant. It is also strong enough to hang plastic sheeting yet can be removed cleanly without damaging the surface. Masking tapes can conform to curved and irregular surfaces for critical paint masking applications.
- Masking tape 02: Masking Tape 02 is a general-purpose masking tape coated with acrylic emulsion adhesive. It resists solvents or water from the paint, yet can be removed cleanly without damaging the surface. The crepe paper backing can conform to curved and irregular surfaces for critical paint masking applications.
- Masking tape 04: Masking Tape 04 is a general-purpose masking tape coated with hotmelt adhesive. This adhesive tape is easy to use and it’s suitable for wood industries recommended for general indoor use at a steady temperature. It sticks well to multiple and irregular surfaces and is compatible with both solvent and water-based paints. It is easy to tear by hand and assures quick and easy removal.
- Masking tape 05Y: Masking Tape 05Y is resin impregnated crepe paper coated with high tack pressure-sensitive natural rubber-based adhesive. The tape was developed specifically to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray, provide clean paint lines, and can be removed easily and cleanly when finished. The crepe paper backing can conform to curved and irregular surfaces for critical paint masking applications in the automotive industry. The tape easily tears by hand for toll-free application.
- Masking tape 6 : Masking Tape 06 is resin impregnated crepe paper coated with high tack pressure-sensitive natural rubber adhesive. This tape adheres well and resists solvent or water from the paint and was specifically developed to help protect surrounding surfaces from overspray and provide clean paint lines. The tape can be removed easily and cleanly when finished. The crepe paper backing can conform to curved and irregular surfaces for critical paint masking applications in the automotive industry.
What are the properties of Masking Tape?
- Adhesive Specialities offers a wide range of choices in crepe paper masking tapes.
What are the uses of Masking Tape?
- Industrial applications.
- Automotive industry.
- Chemical resistant & high-temperature masking solutions.
EVA Foam Tapes :
Double Side EVA Foam Tape from Adhesive Specialities is made out of Ethyl Vinyl Acetate foam coated with hotmelt adhesive and has good adhesion with high shear strength and long ageing properties. EVA Foam Adhesive Tape comes in white colour and in single side if required. Single Side EVA Foam Tapes are coated with hotmelt adhesive on both sides, giving the adhesive tape good adhesion with high shear strength and long ageing properties.
What are the properties of EVA Foam tapes?
- Suitable for temporary mounting & bonding application.
- These foam tapes are used in white goods industry.
- Available in roll & die-cuts form.
- EVA foam adhesive tapes are available in 1.0 mm & 2.0 mm thicknesses.
What are the uses of EVA Foam tapes?
- Double Side EVA Foam is suitable for fixing external and internal auto accessories, molding, wheel hub covers, spoilers, brake lights, stationery, and impact preventing materials.
- It is also used for mounting and bonding purposes and also used in refrigeration and die-cuts.
Cross Filament Tape :
Cross Filament Tape has fiberglass reinforced backing which is very high in tensile strength, coated with hotmelt adhesive. The fiberglass reinforced backing provides excellent abrasion, moisture and resistance. At Adhesive Specialties, we can also supply solvent-residue free adhesive.
What are the properties of Cross Filament Tapes?
- These adhesive tapes are residue Free and have fiberglass reinforced backing.
- They have Excellent abrasion, moisture resistance
What are the uses of Cross Filament Tapes?
- These adhesive tapes are suited for use in heavy duty air and oil filled transformers, reinforcement / holding / separating ground insulation, bundling of motor coils and coil covering.
- Can be used in lead anchoring and banding of coils.
- Used in bundling/heavy duty packing of heavy objects such as pipes, steel coils, tires.
- Cross filament adhesive tapes can also be used in the cricket bat industry and jumbo bags industry.
- They are used for insulation of oil transformers.
Mono Filament Tapes :
Mono Filament Tape manufactured by Adhesive Specialities is used for bundling, recommended to secure carton boxes or bundles. Mono Filament Tapes are also used in mounting and holding components in white goods industry, cricket bat and jumbo bags industries.
What are the properties of Mono Filament Tapes?
- Mono filament adhesive tapes are reinforced with fiberglass yarn with PET Film backing.
- They have high tensile strength, excellent abrasion and moisture resistance.
What are the uses of Mono Filament Tapes?
- Mono filament adhiesve tapes can be used where tensile strength and good adhesion are required.
- They can be used for heavy packing and for closing for metal coils.
- These adhesive tapes can be used for bending tubes and bars.
- Can be used for structuring an umbilical cord for marine probes.
SPT Tapes :
Adhesive Specialities offers a wide range of surface protection tapes in order to protect surfaces from scratches, damages, dust and dirt.
Surface Protection Tapes (SPT) from Adhesive Specialities are made from different backing materials coated with acrylic emulsion adhesive. Self Adhesive Surface Protection Tapes have excellent protection against damages and scratches. The adhesive tape has adjustable peel force with no adhesive residue.
What are the properties of Surface Protection Tapes?
- Surface Protection Adhesive Tape can be used on any rough surface.
- This adhesive tape works on different textures of the surface (Smooth / Glossy, Matte / Embossed).
- Range of backing material (LLDPE, PET, PVC, PE).
- External factors which might affect the surface protection tapes (UV, sunlight exposure, extreme temperatures, chemical exposure).
- Duration for which protection is required.
- Reason for protection of surface (abrasion, smudging, scratches).
- These adhesive tapes are residue free.
- Water Resistant.
- Printing can be done as per request.
- We can make Surface Protection Adhesive Tapes in a wide variety of adhesives like Solvent acrylic, Rubber based and Acrylic Emulsion.
What are the uses of Surface Protection Tapes?
- These adhesive tapes are suitable for many types of the surface (Metal, glass, plastic, Optic lenses, decorative laminate, stone, carpet, coated surface like auto parts etc.)
- SPT can be used on rough surfaces
- Surface Protection Tape can be stuck to any material having glass, glossy and mirror finish.
- Protects against abrasion, smudging and scratches
- Works on different textures of the surface (Smooth / Glossy, Matte / Embossed).
- External factors which might affect the surface protection tapes (UV, sunlight exposure, extreme temperatures, chemical exposure).
Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes :
Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes range of Adhesive Specialities is based on advanced technology and developed from butyl rubber for windmill blades, aerospace industry, yacht industry etc. Vacuum Bag Sealing Adhesive Tapes have a high surface adhesion force on vacuum bags and a variety of tools. During the curing cycle, these adhesive tapes have excellent sealing properties and are very easy to remove from the cold or heating surface after the curing.
Adhesive Specialities’ Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes are multi-purpose tapes designed to create strong and reliable seals.
It is compatible with most bagging films and it is the best choice for use on composites tools.
What are the properties of Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes?
- Adhesive Specialities Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes are multi-purpose tapes designed to create strong and reliable seals.
- It is compatible with most bagging films and it is the best choice for use on composites tools.
What are the uses of Self Vacuum Bag Sealing Tapes?
- These adhesive tapes can be used to plug leaks and tears in a vacuum bag that can develop during the vacuum bagging process.
- Application Temperature Range: 5 °C to 45 °C.
- Service Temperature Range: from 120 °C to 204 °C.
PE Foam Tapes :
Double Sided PE Foam Tape from Adhesive specialities is PE foam coated with hotmelt adhesive on both the sides giving it a good adhesion, high sheer strength and long ageing properties. It is available in black or white colour and with paper or PVC liner.
Double Sided PE Foam Tape has good adhesion, high sheer strength and long ageing properties. These tapes are ideal for indoor use. PE Foam Tapes does not emit toxic fumes when burnt. Which means, they are flame retardant.
What are the properties of PE Foam Tapes?
- PE foam adhesive tapes are ideal for indoor use.
- Does not emit toxic fumes when burnt.
- Flame retardant.
- Uses a high-performance adhesive to provide an economical solution to seal doors.
- Provides permanent bonding between light surfaces.
What are the uses of PE Foam Tapes?
- These adhesive tapes are used in printing, hook manufacturing and skirting applications.
- PE Foam Tape is mainly used in automotive interiors and cold application purposes due to its strong and excellent adhesion.
Polyimide Tapes :
Polyimide Tapes manufactured by Adhesive Specialties are a special grade backing material that exhibits an excellent balance of physical, chemical, and electrical properties over a wide range of temperatures with superior dimensional stability and adhesion characteristics. Polyimide adhesive tapes are used for insulation in pulling motors, submersible motors, nuclear power generating equipment, high-temperature resistance wire, and cables, fireproof bus duct, gas mask, flexible PCB, loudspeaker coil, etc.
What are the properties of Polyimide Tapes?
- Polyamide Adhesive Tapes have a wide temperature range as low as -269 °C and as high as 400 °C.
- Excellent dielectric strength.
- Flame retardant.
- Remove cleanly leaving no residue.
- Very high-temperature masking during powder coating, anodizing, etching applications.
- Polyimide Adhesive Tapes are ideal for wave soldering.
What are the uses of Polyimide Tapes?
- Polyimide Adhesive Tapes are used in the automobile industry for wrapping switches, diaphragms, manifolds, sensors, and coils in seat heaters.
- Used as masking circuit board & in circuit board construction.
- In the aerospace industry, polyimide tapes are used for insulation of aircraft and spacecraft wings and in electrical applications where static is an issue.
- In Fibre Optics Cable in semiconductor manufacturing.
- In 3D printing.
- Available with silicone and acrylic adhesives.
- Thickness: 1mil, 2mil.
- Available in die-cut and roll forms.
Glass Cloth Tapes :
Glass cloth tapes at Adhesive Specialities are tapes backed with glass cloth that are used in applications requiring intermittent temperatures upto 550 F or higher. Glass Cloth Adhesive Tapes have high adhesion, abrasion resistant, flame retardant properties. These adhesive tapes are also used in applications requiring high tensile strength, good holding power and permanent sealing of high temperature ducts and chambers, aircraft window sealing and many other uses.
What are the properties of Glass Cloth Tapes?
- Glass cloth tapes are coated with high grade adhesives like acrylic, thermosetting rubber and silicone.
- High temperature resistance ranging from 150 ℃ to 400 ℃.
- High adhesion & abrasion resistant.
- Glass cloth tapes have a flame retardant property.
- High mechanical strength.
What are the usages of Glass Cloth Tapes?
- Permanent sealing of high temperature ducts & chambers.
- Used as high temperature masking.
- Used in Aircraft window sealing & many other uses.
Mica Tape :
Mica Tape from Adhesive Specialties consists of phlogopite mica paper impregnated with high-quality silicone resin and reinforced with glass cloth. It is a flexible tape that could fit into various shapes and is particularly designed for high-temperature resistance insulation. Mica Tape is specially designed for composting applications, such as lamination with ceramic felt, aerogel felt, etc. It is designed for high-temperature-resistant insulation of inter-cells thermal insulation in battery packs, telecommunication systems, electric vehicles, and other energy storage systems. It can also be used in high-temperature industrial equipment like heating rings, ovens, heaters, thermal protection, thermal-electric insulation, etc.
What are the properties of Mica Tapes?
- Mica Tape consists of phlogopite mica paper integrated with high-quality silicon resin and reinforced with glass cloth.
- High thermal resistance – good fire resistance.
- Non-flammable does not contain asbestos, does not produce toxic gases.
- Very good resistance to electrical breakdown and corona discharge.
- Excellent tensile strength, anti-shock.
What are the uses of Mica Tapes?
- Insulation of electrical cables and coils.
- Inter-cell thermal insulation in battery packs, multi-story buildings, Power stations, Industry plants, Subways, computer centers, aerospace units, telecommunication centers, ships & military facilities.
Pure PTFE Films :
Pure PTFE Film Tape manufactured by Adhesive Specialities comes with silicone adhesive and adheres readily to heated surfaces, is reposition-able without residue and is able to tolerate constant ambient temperatures from -73°C to 260°C. The adhesive tape is nontoxic, odour-less, tasteless. It also has a very low coefficient of friction, giving the non-adhesive side an extremely smooth, non-stick surface. High heat resistance, chemical resistance, and outstanding hydrophobic and dielectric properties help make the tape the perfect solution for numerous applications.
What are the properties of Pure PTFE Film Tapes?
- Temperature resistant.
- General purpose roll-wrap for web processing.
- Squeaking noise reduction.
- Shielding and protecting against chemicals.
- Sorts of high temperature roller submerging, works of calefaction slab, membrane doffing.
- Cushion pasting of slippery ponds, stuff funnel, aircraft mould.
What are the uses of Pure PTFE Film Tapes?
- Used on a platen, thermoplastic doffing module.
- Used in the fields of packing (including thermoplastic, vacuum bagging), compositing, thermoplastic seal, electronic and electric.
- Available in 80 and 130 mics.
PTFE Coated Glass Cloth Tapes :
Adhesive Specialities manufactures PTFE Teflon Coated Tape – 3 Mil, which is made from non-woven fiberglass cloth with PTFE and coated with silicone adhesive. The adhesive tape adheres readily to heated surfaces and is repositionable without residue and is able to tolerate constant ambient temperatures ranging from -73°C to 500°C depending on the thickness of the tape. The PTFE Coated Glass Cloth Tape is non-toxic, odourless and tasteless. The adhesive tape’s combination delivers excellent dimensional stability, tensile strength and durability, as well as extremely low elongation (<1%). it also has a very low coefficient of friction, giving the non-adhesive side an extremely smooth, non-stick surface along with high heat resistance, chemical and outstanding hydrophobic dielectric properties. adhesive tape is available liner.1%).>
What are the properties of PTFE Coated Glass Cloth Tapes?
- PTFE coated glass cloth adhesive tapes have excellent release properties due to PTFE surface and its low surface energy.
- Durability in high and low temperatures.
- These adhesive tapes have good electric properties for insulation.
- Chemical resistance.
- Anti-aging properties.
- Flame retardant.
- Residue free.
What are the uses of PTFE Coated Glass Cloth Tapes?
- PTFE coated glass cloth adhesive tapes are used in removable thermal insulation covers and pads.
- Used in heat sealing machines for plastic bag sealing jobs in food and pharma industries.
- Non-stick release surface for easy de-moulding in the composite industry.
- High temperature masking applications.
- These adhesive tapes are available in 3, 5, 10mils thicknesses with or without Fluoro-silicone liner.