Aluminum Fibreglass Tape (Aluglass)
- Aluminum & Fibreglass cloth backing gives excellent reflective properties for both heat & light
- High tensile strength.
- Ideal vapour barrier due to low moisture vapour transmission rate.
- Suitable for duct sealing & joining of HVAC (Heat, Ventilation & AC) systems.
- Used in duct board joint & seams; joining & sealing industrial pipes & duct insulation.
- Excellent for roofing applications like flashing, joints & insulation.[accordion title=”” open1st=”0″ openAll=”0″ style=””][accordion_item title=”Aluminium Fibreglass Tape”]
What are Aluminium Fibreglass Tapes (Aluglass)?
Aluminium Fibreglass tape is an 18-micron aluminium foil fused with fibreglass cloth (90 gsm/8×8 mesh/cm) backing and coated with solvent acrylic adhesive which makes it a flame retardant tape. These tapes have every good abrasive resistance are highly tensile in strength. The aluminium and fibreglass cloth backing gives excellent reflective properties for both heat & light. They also have an ideal vapour barrier due to the extremely low vapour transmission rate.
Coming to the application part, the aluminium fibreglass tapes are predominantly used due to their thermal insulation properties. These tapes are used in industries where there is a need for building thermal insulation and for industrial and vessel engine room’s thermal insulation. The fibreglass cloth backing provides excellent reflection properties for both heat and light. The high-quality adhesive with super strong adhesion and holding power makes it a very reliable product for sealing joints and seams in industrial pipes for thermal insulation.
These aluminium fibreglass tapes that we manufacture have high tensile strength and can effortlessly withstand up to 22.70 kilograms and have an elongation range of 5%. The adhesive coating thickness in this tape is 25 micrometres which ensures strong adhesion to the surface. These tapes have high-temperature resistance and can be used in temperatures up to 120 degrees.
For best results, ensure the surface is clean, dry and dust free before application of the tape. Apply even and firm pressure for better adhesion results.
Aluminium Fibreglass Tape Uses and Properties :
- Aluminium fibreglass tapes have an aluminium and fibreglass cloth backing that gives excellent reflective properties for both heat and light which helps in maintaining the temperature.
- These tapes are extremely tensile in strength and can withstand a good amount of tension.
- Aluminium fibreglass tapes possess an ideal vapour barrier due to their low vapour transmission rate which prevents damage by the moisture.
- These tapes are highly suitable for sealing and joining of HVAC (Heating, ventilating and cooling) systems.
- These tapes come really handy in joining and sealing industrial pipes efficiently.
- Aluminium fibreglass tapes are highly efficient for insulating ducts in HVAC systems.
- These tapes are used in the duct board joints and seams and are highly efficient.
- Aluminium fibreglass taper work excellently for roofing applications like flashing, joints and thermal insulation.
- These tapes are really useful in all industries where there is a need for thermal insulation.
Use of Aluminium Fiberglass Tape in Various Industries :
HVAC (Heating, ventilating and cooling) industry:
Adhesive specialities manufacture aluminium fibreglass tape for the HVAC industry, which have thermal insulating properties, used to seal and joint ducts of HVAC systems.
Highly suitable for the heating and cooling industry as these tapes are highly adhesive and have a high tensile strength making them more durable.
These aluminium fiberglass tapes manufactured by adhesive specialties deliver high performance in hot and cold conditions as they have an excellent working temperature range. These tapes work excellent in roofing applications like flashing, joints and insulations. The high-quality adhesive with super strong adhesion and holding power makes it a very reliable product for sealing of joints and seams in industrial pipes for thermal insulation.
Reach out to our team at Adhesive Specialities today, to get customized solutions for your adhesive tape requirements.