Cross Hatch Tester Tape
Cross Hatch Tester Tape
- ASTM D3359 Compliant.
- Used for paint adhesion testing.
How to complete an adhesion test
- Place the cutting edge on the cross hatch adhesion tester on the desired surface
- Press down gently onto the area, pulling the adhesion tester towards you in one fluid movement to make a series of steady, parallel cuts along the area approximately 20cm long
- Place the cross hatch adhesion tester at a 90 degree angle to the first cut and repeat step 2, creating a lattice pattern onto the surface coating
- Brush the area lightly along the lattice to get rid of any loose debris
- Inspect area to see if the cuts have penetrated through the coating
- Remove and discard 2 complete turns of the adhesive tape.
- Remove an additional length of tape approximately 75mm from this length
- Place this cut piece of tape in the center of the lattice, remembering to smooth it down with your finger and rubbing firmly with your nail to create a good adhesion application between the tape and coating
- Within 5 minutes of applying the tape, pull it off with one smooth movement at approximately 1 second at a 60 degree angle to the surface
- With tape, apply to a transparent film to maintain a permanent record
- Access the coating adhesion by viewing the lattice cuts in good lighting and compare these cuts to the ISO/JIS standards table.
More about Cross Hatch Tester Tape from Adhesive Specialties
What are Cross Hatch Tester Tapes?
Cross Hatch Tester Tape meets ASTM D3359 standards and is used with the Cross Hatch Tester. The Cross Hatch Tester examines the paint-to-substrate bonding quality in a simple, rapid, and effective manner.
Application and its Techniques
Cross Hatch Tester Tape is used to check the adhesion of the paint covering after it has been inserted using the Cross Hatch Tester.
To make the cross-hatch design, apply the pressure sensitive tape and then remove it. You can determine the adherence of the paint application by looking at this pattern.
The technique to apply the Cross Hatch Tester Tape is to make sure the surface is clean, dry, and dust-free before applying the tape for optimal results. For better adhesion results , Apply it evenly.
How do you do an adhesion test?
- Place the cross hatch adhesion tester’s cutting edge on the chosen surface.
- Gently press down on the region, then bring the adhesion tester towards you in one fluid motion to create a series of steady, parallel cuts along the 20cm length of the area.
- Repeat step 2 while holding the cross hatch adhesion tester at a 90-degree angle to the first cut, forming a lattice pattern on the surface coating.
- To remove any loose material, carefully brush the region along the lattice.
- Examine the region to check if the incisions have pierced the coating.
- 2 complete turns of adhesive tape should be removed and discarded.
- Remove around 75mm of excess tape from this length.
- Place the cut piece of tape in the centre of the lattice, smoothing it down with your finger and rubbing firmly with your nail to ensure proper adhesion between the tape and the coating.
- Pull the tape off with one smooth movement at roughly 1 second at a 60 degree angle to the surface within 5 minutes of applying it.
- Apply tape to a transparent film to keep a lasting record.
- View the lattice cuts in excellent lighting and compare them to the ISO/JIS standards table to determine coating adhesion.
Automotive Industry :
Adhesive Specialities is a business that manufactures specialty tapes for the automotive industry. Adhesive tapes are used in a variety of applications in the automotive sector, including surface protection, wire harnessing, heat/electrical shielding, paint reduction, noise reduction, and internal/external mounting. These specialised adhesive tapes can be used for a variety of tasks including holding, repairing, mending, fixing, and sealing. Adhesive tapes for the automobile industry are extremely low and high temperature resistant, and come in a variety of colours and sizes, making them ideal for both indoor and outdoor use.
Paint and Coatings Industry :
Adhesive Specialties produces a wide variety of adhesive tapes for the paint and coatings industry. For easy usage and clean removal, it’s available in a variety of materials, including cloth, film, and paper. Exterior and interior masking adhesive tapes can be used on a variety of surfaces and leave no residue, even on glossy surfaces. Paint, dust, and oil spray are all protected by masking adhesive tapes. Protection, shielding, shading, and waterproofing are the primary functions of these materials. These adhesive tapes leave no residue, are waterproof, tearable by hand, and can survive high temperatures.Adhesive tapes for the paint and coating business are available at Adhesive Specialities in a variety of colours and thicknesses. Get in touch with us today to find the best adhesive tape solution for your needs.