- Sun Brand Electroplating tape is vinyl backed tape with a rubber adhesive.
- Excellent resistance to most chemicals used in typical electroplating operations
- Abrasion, moisture and wear resistant to withstand rugged working conditions
- Non-corrosive, flexible vinyl backing is conformable to adapt to irregular surfaces
- Ideal for use with plating chemicals, electroplating nickel, electroless nickel, milling and etching in titanium and peening operations.
- Designed for use with PCB terminal zone contacts during plating; as a protection tape for shot peening
- Effective Vapor and Moisture Barrier
- Extremely Conformable
- Durable and Highly Resistant to Oil, Acid, Alkaline and Corrosive Chemicals
- Excellent Adhesion to Metals and Plastics
More about Electroplating Tapes
What are Electroplating Tapes?
Electroplating Tape is a premium quality adhesive tape that exhibits excellent adhesion, tack and good cohesion strength, making them ideal for usage in the automotive and paint and coating industries. It’s high adhesion property comes from the specially formulated rubber adhesive coating to PVC film. The adhesive tape has a good resistance to solvent, chemicals and water, therefore it’s a suitable choice for automotive applications. Electroplating Tape is mainly used as a masking tape for electroplating and anodizing application.
Electroplating Tapes Uses and Properties :
- Sun Brand Electroplating tape is vinyl backed tape with a rubber adhesive, this contributes to the tack and good adhesive and cohesive strength offered by the tape.
- The rubber backed adhesive on electroplating tapes is instrumental in offering excellent resistance to most chemicals used in typical electroplating operations.
- Electroplating adhesive tapes are abrasion, moisture and wear resistant to withstand rugged working conditions, which contributes to the effective tape application in the automotive industry and paint and coatings industry.
- Non-corrosive, flexible vinyl backing is conformable to adapt to irregular surfaces. This feature of the electroplating adhesive tapes is particularly useful, as it helps with adaptation to surfaces on automotives and on uneven walls and surfaces for paint and coatings.
- As the electroplating adhesive tapes have a property of excellent resistance to corrosion and are also flexible, and also owing to their property of resistance towards oil, acid, alkaline and corrosive chemicals, they are ideal for use with plating chemicals, electroplating nickel, electroless nickel, milling and etching in titanium and peening operations.
- Designed for use with PCB terminal zone contacts during plating; as a protection tape for shot peening.
- Electroplating adhesive tapes are backed by rubber and therefore, also have a barrier against vapour and moisture.
- Extremely Conformable, making them an effective and consistent choice of protection in both the automotive and paint and coatings industry.
- Durable and Highly Resistant to Oil, Acid, Alkaline and Corrosive Chemicals, which helps them in plating chemicals and electroplating nickel.
- The rubber backing on these adhesive tapes also provides excellent Adhesion to Metals and Plastics.
Uses of Electroplating Adhesive Tape in Various Industries :
Automotive Industry :
Adhesive Specialities manufactures specialised tapes for the Automotive Industry. For masking applications, adhesive tapes play a major functional role in the automotive industry. These specialised adhesive tapes can be used for plating chemicals, electroplating nickels, electroless nickels, milling and etching in titanium and peening applications. Ideal for both indoor and outdoor usage, adhesive tapes for the automotive industry are extremely low and high temperature resistant. Reach to us at Adhesive Specialities today, to get the perfect suitable solution for your adhesive tape requirements.
Paint and Coatings Industry :
Adhesive Specialities manufactures a wide range of adhesive tapes, suitable for the paint and coatings industry. Electroplating tapes are used as masking adhesive tapes for the paint and coatings industry, for easy use and clean removal. Electroplating Masking adhesive tapes may be used for exterior and interior masking on different surfaces, and ensure residue free removal. These adhesive tapes are extremely resistant to oil, acids, alkanes and corrosive chemicals. Reach out to us today at Adhesive Specialities, to get the most suitable adhesive tape solution for your requirements.